Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Task #1 set up blog and add avatar

I am now muddeling along. I think that having the link register your blog, before the instructions was a trap I fell into. I have no clue if my blog got registered as 2008new23. Also, I ran into the difficulty that my original blog name was already taken, but it did not stop me from using it. When I ended up at Google it informed me that the blog name was already taken. Now I'm busy laying out bread crumbs so I can figure out how to move forward the next time I have an hour or so to work on this project. The good news: 1) I have a google blog set up and 2) I set up and exported an avatar. The only experience I've had with avatars so far is watching my 8 year old niece set up avatars for Wii games. I could not find out how to change the brown hair color to grey, but was able to add in an ALA Read T-shirt and a library background. My main concern now is that I will be able to trace my way back to review task 1 and move on to task 2.

1 comment:

--Deanna said...

I'm sorry to hear that you had some troubles getting started. But don't give up! If you aren't able to complete all 23 this time around I hope you'll give it another try - the multitypes are planning to offer a "second chance" this spring/summer, so keep your eye out for more information on that.